Sunday, November 27, 2011

Final Project


Last week when I was supposed to be working on homework and project I could only think of one thing, Thanksgiving. It was only days away and that could only mean one thing, lots of overindulging. When I was thinking about my own experiences and traditions I remembered Black Friday. The one day where people turn into monsters and fight over the hottest toys of the season. I wanted to not only record my morning but also show how ridiculous people can get.



We started out by going to Best Buy to look for a portable hard drive. We thought that because of a 12 AM start time that the lines wouldn’t be nearly as bad as they usually are. We were quite wrong. Instead of lines being better, they were 10 times worse. The line for Best Buy stretched around the plaza and up to Target. I managed to get a picture of the commotion at the front door. To emphasize the long line and the people trying to rush through it I also took a picture of the line as we were walking towards the end. 



The next store was Old Navy. My sister was looking for one particular article of clothing. When we were inside she couldn’t even get to the clothes rack, there were too many people standing and competing for the same deal.



Up to this point the morning was a disaster; we hadn’t purchased a single item. We were going over our lists to see if there was anything on our lists that we still might be able to get. We decided to head back to Target and see if the line was still long. One the way there I took a shot of the lit up store lights. The long exposure allowed the signs to blur and creates a feeling of panic and chaos. 



Once we got to Target we realized the line was still wrapped around the building. In amazement, we left and went to Kohl’s. I didn’t get the chance to take pictures at Kohl’s but I did over hear a very interesting conversation. I decided to keep a quote and use it for the final piece. I arranged the picture in the order that they happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment